{SOMWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW}.
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
OBS experience!

Its really a brand new experience from the 1 I went that time... this 9 days OBS experience is a new, fresh and exciting one...


During this OBS, other than having all those experiences that I am going to say later, I had ran 3 times 2.4km, one 3km, one 5km and one 9km!!! My 9km run, I clock in 1hr 10min 58secs.. This was my 1st time I ran 9km!!!! I dont think running to ECP is 9km? I not too sure lah... but it was really long... but I guess I did really try my best... though after reaching HL there which is 4.5km I started walking a little, but I ran hard after that and sprinted at the last stretch... =) Dividing it, 1km I ran for about 7mins 7secs... which means for 500m, I ran in about 3min+++ OH gosh.. its slow... =x But for the 1st 4,5km, I ran for about 33mins... so its the 2nd stretch... =x


Next incredible thing is, I had kayak for 3 days consecutively!!!! For the 1st day, we kayak around Ubin and then to Changi Sea Sports then to Pasir Ris Park, behind Aloha Resort!!! When reaching Aloha, I was like thinking gosh, my house is so near, how I wish to go home!!! Other than that, knowing that I will be going Mr Leong's chalet on the 27th, I told myself, I must enjoy myself there and to compensate for my "suffering" in the park!!! It was raining cats and dogs, and we are sleeping in tents... though our tent is the only tent that is not flooded but we help the guys to clear the flooded area...!!! Though dirty but it was a funtime!!! =) Cook maggie and eat... so yummy!!! Enjoy the breeze... so cooling and nice... =) At night, after breifing I must really thank HL, bo seng's instructor... my shoulder muscle was really tight and HL did a massage for me =) It was very shiok!!! Thanks Hiap Loo! =) During the masage, stupid HL said, give up lah... stay so near just go home then dont come back liao... then started talking about other stuffs... then after that went to sleep already...


2nd day of kayaking was crap!!! Because we actually kayak for 10hours without knowing it!!! We kayak from Pasir Park to causeway and from causeway back to sembawang!! From around 8am we started kayaking we reach Sembawang at about 6pm!!! It was so dark that we pitch our tent in the dark and having all the stupid sandflies!!! I was scratching all over!!! Anyway during the kayaking.. I am glad that I had actually chiong at the front to reach causeway!!! =) Also, I must say is that other than the Civil Defence people being able to reach Causeway, we Republicans managed to did it too =) 1 reason for us being able to reach was because of as we were kayaking.. there was 1 big ship which wanted to pass... and so all of just chiong by all means because to save our own life!!! !=) Due to that we actually paddled about 1/4 of the distance in 30mins!!! =) But was quite saddening because need to be tow because was really tired out after reaching causeway... thanks sarah and YK! =)


At sebmwang park was shit!!! Because there wasnt any toilet, water, and lots of sandflies... damn shitty... pitching in the dark and all we can do is just powder bath... and its really powder bath!!! TMD!!! Also my wrist is so weak that I can hardly carry anything... and so went to find ber (my instructor) then after that asked HL to massage again.. it was a wonderful one again.. this time HL really loosen my shoulder muscle by alot... the pain was much relieved... =) Thanks HL again... Had a rather long chat also... then listening to his working stuffs... and manage to learn things from him too =)


Last day!!!! We set off and kayak from Sembawang back to OBS campsite!!!! It was a relieved!!! We managed to survive through this 3days of kayaking!!! And back on land was shiok!!! =) And we thought everything was over, and just need to pack and wash everything.. but we were wrong!!!! We had out very last challenge which is 9km run!!!! Gosh!!!! But when knowing we need to run that 9km, I just told myself I want to complete it... not byu walking but running... though I did walk a little but I guess I am glad that I had complete it.. because after the long and tiring long distance kayaking.. and having lots of slope and with the terrain... I still able to complete it within my goal which is 1hr 20mins.. because reaching 4.5km at about 33mins.. thinking I shuld complete everything by 1hr 20mins is possible.. but well I came in at 1hr 10mins 58secs =)


In summary, I have ran 24.2km in total and kayak 62km for the 9 days!!! I dont believe that I hada actually done all these! Omgs! I am rather happy that I had did it, so I guess actually sometimes things are not impossible, is just you need the strength and mindset correct and you can do it! Anyway I think its really to train up my stamina for IVP man! Also my hand strength due to kayaking!!! =)


Other than the 3 days of kayaking, we had trekking on the 4th day... we trek out of OBS to the resort... and we trek back to the 2nd campsite.... and then staying in the forest!!!! irritating!!! There was no lights, no toilet... crapppp!!!! And I had no choice, but to pee on the beach!!!! Damn!!! At the same time, this time our tent was a little flooded... because there is rain too!!! Damn!!! But well just have to bare with it... The trekking was really tiring... but well its over =)


After our trekking, on the 5th day was the most shit day... because we had our solo day!!!! Straight after breakfast, we need to go into the forest and had our solo time...!!! Everytime was alone... sleeping, eating, everything is alone... you need to build the shelter yourself... really had hard time doing that and also it was scary at night.. and someemore there are lots of ants and insects!!! So keep putting lots of powder!!! and lucky I brought my windbreaker over.. and phew... its not that hot putting on my windbreaker =) But that time is good.. because it really allows you to think and rest.... and well though scary and dirty but was a good time there... =) And when we were back together it was sooo good.... but when we were back to campsite we need to pack everything for the next day, which is our 3days sea expedition!!!


Oh yea... for the 2nd day... it was a good one because.. I managed to reach the top with yikai... =) he asked if I want to climb the "logs thingy" and I agreed... well we went up.. and he really strong... and he keep helping me up... and well it was wonderful... because we were the 2nd and the only female+ male pair to reach it =) at that point of time I really feel like giving up.. but cause he keeps saying want to try again? I said ok.. and we went up... and reached the top!!! =)


Last day, after doing the "leap of faith" we had our lunch.. and I was hoping to see dabians they all... and well I am so glad~ I really saw Da bianx, Jane, Idiot and SW!!! I am so happy to be seeing them!!! But its my last day.. so well bid goodbye and I left... but looking at them, they seem rather sad... I supposed because they were all alone by themselves.... and think only Chan and Eileen was together.. even tong was also alone...


Anyway, I am really damn dark now... and had swollen lips... oh yes.. thanks Yk for the water.. as he knows me had headache and knowing my sowllen lips.. he gave me water =) Thanks alot.. and also at the same time... we went to eat MAC at the last day... and wah... its wonderful!!!! =) Also, YK really help me alot and we had lots of fun during this camp... he gave me that water, help me in lots of things... =) thanks kai kai! =)

sign off@5:25 PM;

N {ME}

::18/08/87::
::Leo::
::YNPS, ESSS, RP, SIM-UOL::
::Outgoing, Friendly, Lame::
::Emotional, Sensitive, Short::

N {DREAMS}

::PE Teacher::
::Netball Coach::
::Camp Instructor::

N {LOVES}

::Netball, Basketball, Running::
::Swimming, Badminton::
::Manchester United::
::Sleep & Slack::
::Green, Orange, Black::
::ES Netball Team, Livewire::
::Buddies, Disciples::
::Shifu(Mr Teo), Hubby::
::Sister & Family::
::Team RP::
::Sesame Gang::
::Piggies::
::MeiNu, Tings, Da Jie::

N {WISH & GOALS}

=PSP=
=All who I love live happily=
=Move on to future=
=Not living in the past=
=Able to learn to accept the truth=
=To be self-discipline=
=Not to repeat mistakes=
=To get gd grades in Uni=

N {FrEnX}

(",)MaStEr_pY; Cindy =); Chee Kui; Jason; Mimiyan; Panda =); Raquel; sIhUa =); xIaOwOnG =) AdEliNe/a> aLeXia; Charmaine; JoEy; JoHnSoN; qUeEn; piGg; sHiReEn; Yan Qing ; Yong Yeow; aBbY; aIzhEn; fAiZaH; hAnAh; jOeY aNg; lYdIa; mJ; sAbBy; sHiKiN; vAn SoH; xUeLi; mIcH; oScAr; bIrD; QiNwEi; RuRy; WeElInG; ~Sister~;

N {HISTORY}

1st Blog; 2nd Blog;

September 2005. October 2005. November 2005. December 2005. January 2006. February 2006. March 2006. April 2006. May 2006. June 2006. July 2006. August 2006. September 2006. October 2006. November 2006. December 2006. February 2007. March 2007. April 2007. May 2007. June 2007. July 2007. August 2007. September 2007. October 2007. November 2007.

N {tAgZ}




N {PhOtOz}


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com